Organic Chocolate Mousse Easy Recipe Hack
Oh, how I love chocolate (preferably organic and fair trade). But I really do hate making dessert. So when I was recently tasked to bring something sweet to a dinner party, I looked for the easiest possible chocolate recipe I could find. This no-bake, chocolate mousse easy recipe was so easy to make–and amazing to taste–I had to share. My little helper was pretty impressed, too!
I love chocolate (organic, of course) but I really do hate making dessert. This amazing chocolate mousse easy recipe was so easy to make, I had to share. I adapted this chocolate mousse easy recipe from one that I found online attributed to Filomena’s Italian Kitchen in Costa Mesa, CA.
NO-BAKE ORGANIC CHOCOLATE MOUSSE EASY RECIPE (serves six)
You’ll need these ingredients (mine were all USDA Certified Organic):
6 egg yolks (Pro tip: use a bowl with a very thin lip to precisely crack the egg where you want it.)
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
9 ounces dark chocolate—the recipe calls for chopped, I just broke it into pieces with my hands
1. Whisk—I used a fork—the egg yolks, sugar, milk and cream.
2. Cook over medium head until it thickens—almost like custard.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until it’s completely incorporated.
(The recipe asks you to strain the mixture but I skipped that step and it still tasted amazing.)
4. Divide the liquid into six small cups—you can even use tea cups.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
(Don’t worry if the liquid seems fairly runny—it will set into a firm and smooth consistency.)
6. I topped each mousse with a sprinkling of good organic salt before serving.
It was delicious! What’s your favorite dessert recipe? Please share, in comments below. And if you try this one, let me know how it goes. Thanks!