For a long time, I used natural deodorants every day, but for a big meeting or a hot date, I couldn’t risk soaking through my sleeves.
Because let’s face it: Natural deodorants simply do not work as well as antiperspirants at controlling wetness. To do that, you have to block pores with a coating of potentially carcinogenic chemicals.
But I soon learned that there’s a secret (pun intended) to using natural deodorant to control odor. Want to know more? Read on!
It helps to remember that sweating proves that your body is detoxifying properly. In a word? Re-apply.
Today, I keep sticks in desk drawers, yoga bags—sometimes even my purse. I’ve been known to discreetly re-apply everywhere from cubicle to car. It really works!
It helps to remember that sweating proves that your body is detoxifying properly. That’s a good thing, people.
Recently, I’ve been eyeing this DIY Natural Deodorant recipe, but have yet to try. (Call me lazy, but I’m also kind of addicted to my Crystal Essence Mineral Deodorant Roll-On in Pomegranate
- Mix together ¼ cup of cornstarch with ¼ cup of baking soda.
- Optional: add your choice of essential oils if you’d like your deodorant scented.
- Add 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and a few drops of skin-softening, vitamin E.
- Blend everything together until it forms a silky mass.
- Pack the mix into an old deodorant stick casing.
- Get creative and create your own clever label to stick on the front of your homemade odor-eater.
Simple, easy and cheap enough that you can stash sticks of the stuff everywhere. But if you’re not in the mood to make it yourself, here are a few truly natural deodorants that I’ve tried:
Weleda Wildrose Deodorant smells amazing, like gorgeous rose perfume but not too overpowering.
I wear Crystal Essence Mineral Deodorant Roll-On in Pomegranate every day. It’s the perfect scent and it really works to keep me dry!
A lot of greenies I know swear by Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in flavors like Vanilla Lavender I am not a huge fan of white deodorant in general, but this one does smell amazing.